Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial

So I wake up around ten and turn on the television to see what is going on this world and there is nothing but wall to wall Michael Jackson memorial coverage. I was shocked. ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, FOX News, MSNBC, CNN, CNN HeadLine News, VH1, BET, MTV and live streams on the Huffington Post. I was dumbfounded. I just couldn't believe it. I go on Twitter and everyone is commenting on the memorial. Then I think to myself this is the pop culture moment of my lifetime. I wasn't alive when Kennedy got shot. I wasn't alive when Elvis died. I wasn't alive when Lennon was shot. This is it. This is the mecca of pop culture. I am witnessing that greatest spectacle of pop culture. I will tell my friends, relatives and maybe and hopefully not children that I saw the Michael Jackson memorial live on television. Laying on the couch while I was hungover. I could be wrong there might be a moment that triumphs this memorial but for now I just witness the pop culture moment of my lifetime and I can't believe it was Michael Jackson who was responsible for this moment.





I mean come on there is Kobe Bryant, Brooke Shields, John Mayer, Smokey Robinson, Usher, Mariah Carey, Stevie Wonder, Magic Johnson, Queen Latifa and Rev. Al Shaprton. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: